Thursday, May 4, 2017

Deja vu

 
Monday afternoon I went to get more x-rays of my back. Hospital gowns are starting to became a part of my wardrobe.
 
 
On April 25th I started to experience some pain in my left butt cheek. The next day I went to physical therapy and it was painful to do my exercises (did them all; no excuses). Thursday I called the neurosurgeon. The pain remains in my left butt cheek but now there is tingling and itchiness to my toes and ankle.
 

 
Tuesday I saw the neurosurgeon in clinic. The appointment started off okay. I was excited to hear that based off my x-rays the hardware had not moved. He also thought that there was some inflammatory process going on causing the nerve pain. Amen! Steroids and let's call it a day.
 
Then the conversation turned to the symptoms that I'm having. My head starts to spin when he says that we might need to do a CT and MRI to check for micro movement. He says that the manufacture wants them to believe that support is not needed in the back and that's "bullshit". Only 4 small incisions. We will schedule the surgery in early June so you will be healed for the start of school.
 
We were aware that this was a possibility. Not sure who is more disappointed about this.

  
So Monday I will call to let him know if the pain has gone away. I am to continue physical therapy and can finish out the last 24 days of school. Trying to remember that there are worse situations that I could be in.
 
 
P.S. The flyer below hangs on the wall at the neurosurgeons office. It is the only thing hanging on the wall at the office. I'm pretty sure that Ebloa is so 2015. Anyone out there need spam?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment