Friday, November 1, 2019

Where did my summer go?

I can’t believe how quickly the summer has flown by. As always, I think I’m going to get a lot done but it never happens. 

Before summer even started, I was stressed about my daughter’s grades. My ulcer is definitely caused by her procrastination. I proudly cheered her as she walked across the stage; the high school staff raised a glass (which they truly deserved) to no longer receiving my emails.

Adding to the normal end of the school year stress was party preparation and guest arrival. My kitchen renovation project was supposed to wrap up the same week as graduation. Thank goodness I planned and booked another location for the party. It was the perfect party for my bookworm. She is truly blessed to have so many people that support her.

Never one to sit still we packed up the car with a first load of college dorm “musts” and drove to western Pennsylvania. Since grandma has a basement and is close to school we didn’t have to worry about storage. My son had planned to stay with grandma over the summer. His hope was to spend time learning how to track animals in the woods, go fishing and maybe hunt a little. Not sure that it was the summer that he planned but I know that he did his best to help his grandma. 
Of course, through all this the washer machine stopped working. Nothing like spending a hot summer day at the laundromat. 


In August I decided that a quick trip to Florida was needed. I just had to take my niece and nephews to get their wands from Ollivanders Wand Shop. My daughter and I hopped in the car 12 hours and later we were in Florida. We had a wonderful time with the family at Universal Studios. 
I was able to get in a few races. We got together on June 17th to participate in the Chase the Moon Challenge. I also completed the runDisney virtual races

No comments:

Post a Comment