Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's the little things


Every day I get a little bit of my life back. I have been able to watch my daughter swim. She received her varsity letter for swim team this year and I was there to see it happen. Once the incision heals I will be able to get in the pool and exercise.


I was able to attend the last wrestling tournament of the year. It was a very long day but I got through it. He didn't have a great end to the season. There are important lessons learned by losing. I hope that I am also providing him a good role model by never giving up.


I can help cook a meal. Since November I have had to rely on my daughter or husband for a meal. It may not be 5 star dining but it was nice to cook dinner for the family again. I can complete many household chores by myself now. There are still limits to what I can do but every day it gets a little better.


I continue to work hard on my physical therapy. We are slowly increasing the speed that I am walking at. Every visit they add a few more exercises for me as well. There has been some pain associated with PT but I'm pushing myself. One benefit that I have enjoyed is that I have lost 7 pounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment