Monday, September 24, 2018

I didn't quit!



Half way through C25K!

Really proud of myself for making it this far. Haven't repeated a week (so far). 

Also...

When things got tough I didn't quit! During the last few long runs my feet would go numb around mile 2 causing some anxiety. Before you ask I had already made sure that my shoes were not too tight. I have also replaced the insole of my shoe to help with the foot cramping that I experienced recently. 

Jump to Friday's long run. At the 2 mile mark the numbness started but I kept to the training. Decided with the start of each interval that I would maintain my pace. I focused on what was ahead of me. When I hit 2.5 miles my feet were no longer numb and I finished strong. 

I didn't quit! 

Upcoming Races:

September - The Great Inflatable Race
October - Jefferson Patterson Park Museum 5k
November - Across the Bay 10k
December - Jingle Bell Run 5k
January - No race just focusing on training
February - runDisney Princess 5k and 10k

No comments:

Post a Comment