Thursday, February 28, 2019

2019 Princess Weekend - expo

Expo Day!

We woke up fairly early on Thursday to get ready for the expo. My friends daughter said that traffic was horrible so we opted to grab breakfast before heading out. The plan was to meet up with my sister, pick up our bibs and walk the vendors. Everyone was able to get their 5k bibs quickly. Making our way over to the 10k bib area I started to get nervous. One thing I learned last year was that corral placement is EVERYTHING when it comes to a runDisney races.


Corral B!

I was super happy but had to contain my joy because my friend was placed in corral F. After talking with the runDisney people and Team Up it looked like that was were she was going to stay. We made our way to t-shirt pick up. Our trip to the expo was quick and simple until we got into the line to shop.

My friend was not feeling up to shopping after finding out her corral placement and my sisters didn't want to shop so we sent them on their way. Kathryn and I stood in line for 45 minutes just to get into the shop. There were items that I had pre-purchased but wanted to pick up 3 sneaker ornaments. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of our purchases but it was more than I expected.. The best purchase was a t-shirt for my friends daughter about the sleepy challenge and that she did it.


Character dining at Artist Point

We ended the day with a wonderful dinner at Artist Point located at Wilderness Lodge. This is a newer character dining location and we were very lucky to get in. Meeting the characters was great but this was an evening all about the food. The chef's used the plate as a palette and food as the paint. Your only choice in dining is the main coarse.


Our appetizers were winter squash soup, meat pies and shrimp cocktail. I'm not a huge fan of squash but the soup was delicious. If you like pumpkin spice then this is the soup for you. For dinner we went with the seafood stew and prime rib. The main courses were exceptional and I would highly recommend them. I'm not a dessert person but WOW! I started with the gooseberry pie, this was my favorite. It was just the right amount of sweet and tart. Not sure what the apple dessert was but it was yummy. The Dopey dessert was a mixer of cake, frosting and "gems". Of all the dining that I have done at Disney Artist Point has offered the best food with a unique character experience.

Now it's off to bed for an early morning wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment